Old 11-10-2007, 10:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JakeD[_2_] JakeD[_2_] is offline

Default Leaf spot on strawberry plants - should I destroy th lot?

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 09:32:01 -0700, wrote:

I would take out and burn all the affected leaves, and plant
individually the little plants in pot of compost and leave them out,
in a frost free place. See how they develop. If the desease spreads,
burn the lot. If not, plant them out and away you go.

Ah - that sounds like a good idea - thank you!

I have already planted what was left after cutting off all affected
leaves. But I could dig them up again and pot in a planter as you
suggested.

I did notice that the leaf spot had not affected any of my friend's
other vegetables at her alotment. Perhaps that strain of fungus (if
that's what it was) is very selective.

Do you think it is safe to put the affected leaves in my compost bin?

Thanks,

JD