Old 11-10-2007, 10:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JakeD[_2_] JakeD[_2_] is offline

Default Bird houses, feeders and food - which ones to buy?

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 14:24:13 +0100, Char Kenny
wrote:

Can the birds really tell a difference?

I have now tried several kinds of bird-feed, including fat balls,
peanits and various seeds, all hung in net bags outside my bedroom
window, so I can see what's eating what.

The only birds that ever come for a snack are great tits! (Black head,
yellow breast.) They only eat the peanuts and some large seeds that
look something like pumpkin seeds.

I wish I knew what would appeal to some of the other birds in the
garden.

JD