Old 12-10-2007, 09:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default Bird houses, feeders and food - which ones to buy?

"Granity" wrote
My feeders a standard metal mesh ones for peanuts, perspex ones with
6 feeders stations for grain and an open mesh one for fat balls. Mine
hang from the lower branches of a blackthorn tree which gives them
plenty of cover to queue up and wait while the bigger birds are on the
feeders.

If you suffer from large birds using them then the ones with extra
wires set away from the mesh would be better.
Granity

I have to anchor my 'fat balls' with extra strong wire to tree branches etc
because otherwise the magpies fly away with the whole ball !

Jenny