Old 12-10-2007, 04:35 PM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

Default Lawn sweeper

"Jo Ann" wrote in message
ups.com...
Am mildly curious about why others think that what I plan to do with
whatever it collects has any effect on whether the lawn sweeper
works....

Jo Ann

I would understand Joe's comment as more of logistical problem. Once you get
it full of whatever.....where does it go? Where being more of , how the
hell far are you going to have to haul that catcher that's about 4 times the
size of a standard mower's grass catcher. Would you be able to lift it and
carry it?

I'd suggest you start doing some research on a nice chipper shredder, you
can dump the raked leaves in that. I had an electric one that worked
perfectly for what I needed. I wasn't clearing brush and grinding tree
trunks. It chewed up all my shrub and fruit tree pruning and dead head clean
up, ground up what was cleaned up from my veggie garden in the fall and did
a great job shredding the raked piles of leaves. I had some 50 pound onion
sacks, just fastened those to the chute the shredded stuff blew out of and
then when it was full I'd pile them in the wheelbarrow and go dump the stuff
in the compost or spread it straight on the garden. Easy to use, instant
mulch, quicker compost, lots more bang for the buck IMO. Plus I had a really
long, heavy duty extension cord so I could just wheel my chipper/shredder to
pretty much anywhere handy I was working.

Val