Old 12-10-2007, 07:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jadel jadel is offline

Default No match for Dracula...

On Oct 12, 5:17 am, Weng wrote:
Sinister;753836 Wrote:

I have my theories concerning her incense containing ethylene that's
killing
off my prized orchid. -dxtrwrd

Nice try, but I believe the truth is closer to home ;-p

You did start with a semi-healthy plant. Orchids are notorious in
taking their time to die. So if you buy a plant with signs of ill
health, it may have already 'died', so to speak.

If your humidity is at 64%, and you have a constant fan on the plant,
wouldn't that bring the relative humidity to below 50% around the
plant?

I'm sorry I can't offer any advice on growing Draculas as I don't grow
them.

I have exactly one Dracula. It grows OK but doesn't bloom.

My Masdevallias do much better. They grow and bloom very well.

J. Del Col