Old 13-10-2007, 08:05 AM posted to rec.gardens
cat daddy cat daddy is offline

Default Leaf Mold, Do Tell..

Charlie wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 00:19:33 -0500, "cat daddy"
wrote:

It gets the pile smokin'....... I usually cover it in black plastic to
retain moisture and heat. The steam shoots out small holes on cool

mornings.
I generally take a couple of scoops from a plastic pitcher per bucket
and let it soak for a few minutes. I used to use rabbit food pellets,

until
I realized how cheap a 50 lb. bag was.

Cheap is right! I picked up a fifty pounder at the feed store today for
a whole whoppin' ten bucks.

Yep, and because it's feed, there's no tax. Something else I like to pick
up is dry molasses. That's mostly a feel good thing for me, although they
say it stimulates beneficial microorganisms. It has trace elements, but I
like the smell, especially when I play around making aerobic teas.......