Old 13-10-2007, 02:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Bob Walsh Bob Walsh is offline

Default No match for Dracula...

I keep waiting for someone who grows Draculas to answer as I don't and a
little knowledge can be dangerous.

I do recall that Dracula in general need very pure water, high humidity, and
cool temperatures. Try doing a search
on Goggle, maybe in groups. You might try the pleurothallid
mailing list. Sign up info is available at the Orchid Mall.com. Look under
the reading room. Also try scanning the list of Orchid Sources for dealers
that sell cool growing Orchids. One is listed below from that list.

Here is a link to Mountain Orchids care list
http://www.mountainorchids.com/index...racula%20simia

Good luck and don't be discouraged if it doesn't make it. We have all had
Orchids that died under our "care".

Bob

"Sinister" wrote in message
I wouldn't mind not getting a bloom; I just don't want to kill it. lol

-dxtrwrd