Old 13-10-2007, 07:49 PM posted to rec.gardens
cat daddy cat daddy is offline

Default Leaf Mold, Do Tell..

Charlie wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 02:05:43 -0500, "cat daddy"
wrote:

Yep, and because it's feed, there's no tax. Something else I like to

pick
up is dry molasses. That's mostly a feel good thing for me, although they
say it stimulates beneficial microorganisms. It has trace elements, but I
like the smell, especially when I play around making aerobic teas.......

Whoa! Aerobic teas... you didn't finish and just left me hangin'!

Yeah, well.......... didn't want to bring out the pro- or anti- zealots
particularly, and it was late. I tried, but deleted whatever else I was
going to say about it. Discussion of tea making makes the discussion of
composting methods pale in comparison.

what? I gotta research this myself?

This has opened up a whole new area of fun.

Does this link provide a good idea of what you are talking about?

http://www.westvalleyrose.org/roseinfo/alfalfatea.html

Yeah, that's the same as one of my links.

Here's another with a list of what's in alfalfa tea, although it's not
aerobic with an air bubbler, and will smell like a cow produced it.
http://www.nurserysite.com/clubs/peninsular/tea.html

They have recipes that add canned mackeral and all sorts of goodies.

Man, we have to be talkin' some seriously good odours!

Again, thanks.

Charlie