Old 13-10-2007, 08:47 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Wagner[_2_] William Wagner[_2_] is offline

Default Leaf Mold, Do Tell..

In article ,
"cat daddy" wrote:

Charlie wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 02:05:43 -0500, "cat daddy"
wrote:

Yep, and because it's feed, there's no tax. Something else I like to

pick
up is dry molasses. That's mostly a feel good thing for me, although they
say it stimulates beneficial microorganisms. It has trace elements, but I
like the smell, especially when I play around making aerobic teas.......

Whoa! Aerobic teas... you didn't finish and just left me hangin'!

Yeah, well.......... didn't want to bring out the pro- or anti- zealots
particularly, and it was late. I tried, but deleted whatever else I was
going to say about it. Discussion of tea making makes the discussion of
composting methods pale in comparison.

what? I gotta research this myself?

This has opened up a whole new area of fun.

Does this link provide a good idea of what you are talking about?

http://www.westvalleyrose.org/roseinfo/alfalfatea.html

Yeah, that's the same as one of my links.

Here's another with a list of what's in alfalfa tea, although it's not
aerobic with an air bubbler, and will smell like a cow produced it.
http://www.nurserysite.com/clubs/peninsular/tea.html

They have recipes that add canned mackeral and all sorts of goodies.

Man, we have to be talkin' some seriously good odours!

Again, thanks.

Charlie

My dad used to empty out his freezer once or twice a year. He is known
to place old fish and other expired food stuffs in large glass
containers which fermented out in the garden. He then mixed a cup or
two with a gal of water which he feed to weak or sickly plants
especially ones with insects. We knew when he worked this magic and did
other things for a day two.

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade