Old 14-10-2007, 05:21 AM posted to rec.gardens
cat daddy cat daddy is offline

Default Leaf Mold, Do Tell..

"William Wagner" wrote in message
In article ,
"cat daddy" wrote:

Charlie wrote in message

Here's another with a list of what's in alfalfa tea, although it's

not
aerobic with an air bubbler, and will smell like a cow produced it.
http://www.nurserysite.com/clubs/peninsular/tea.html

They have recipes that add canned mackeral and all sorts of goodies.

Man, we have to be talkin' some seriously good odours!

My dad used to empty out his freezer once or twice a year. He is known
to place old fish and other expired food stuffs in large glass
containers which fermented out in the garden. He then mixed a cup or
two with a gal of water which he feed to weak or sickly plants
especially ones with insects. We knew when he worked this magic and did
other things for a day two.

In the big picture, something's always food for something else. So,
whatever it was your dad was fermenting, either it was good in and of
itself, or it fed or attracted something that was, most probably.
That's what attracts me to the alchemy of making teas, although I do
prefer the more pleasant smelling kind.