Old 14-10-2007, 09:19 PM
BlueFlower BlueFlower is offline
Registered User

Default Leaf drop on new holly

Hi, I wonder can anyone help me? I have a Blue Princess holly and a J.C. Van Tol that I planted in two different areas of my newly created garden in May. Unfortunately over the summer they both have lost some leaves, leaving them a bit leggy. Any ideas why this would have happened? Will the leaves grow back next year or will I be left with leggy plants? Should I prune them? (They were bought with the root ball wrapped in hessian, which I planted intact as I'd heard that hollies don't like their roots being disturbed.)

Many thanks!