Old 15-10-2007, 12:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emrys Davies Emrys Davies is offline

Default Peace Lily problem

"Frank Booth Snr" wrote in message
I just split an old Peace Lily into 3 plants, as it hadn't been doing
too well this year (yellowing leaves, pot bound). Each part had a
reasonable attachment of roots. Having potted them up in fresh compost
and watered in, 1 of the plants, originally the strongest looking one,
is now starting to wilt. A few hors later it's still wilting but this
hasn't worsened.

Is this normal? Will it recover within 24 hours, or should I need to

put
the plant under a plastic bag and spray the leaves?

Personally, I would chop off all of its stems at ground level as it is
probably suffering from dehydration due to it having been severed from
the parent plant.. Just keep the roots quite moist.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.