Old 15-10-2007, 02:00 PM posted to rec.gardens
enigma enigma is offline

Default Leaf Mold, Do Tell..

Charlie wrote in
:

I tried something today, alchemy wise, based upon your
alfalfa meal slurry. Last night as I was down in my cups
and feeling more than a little sorry for myself, I decided
to collect the results of my crying in my beer pity party
in a bucket. Today I added alfalfa meal to the Household
Compost Activator and applied to the pile. So now it is my
turn, in our Mutual Admiration Society, to give credit to
you for starting me thinking deeply about decomposing and
living stuff and the relationship between life/death
produce/waste as applies to soil structure and life in
general.

Which brings to mind this twisted little thought, that
rather tickles me.......when one recycles a part of
oneself, through composting amendments, which is then
returned to the garden, to produce a thing that is
consumed.... in essence, this makes one a self-cannibal,
neh?

And with that gruesome thought......

i don't see using liquid waste as self-cannibalism, just
being practical (assuming no hepatitis or other issues
precluding said use).
i live in an old house (1815). i have at least one grave in
my pasture (her name was Sally Batchelder). i bought this
place 9 years ago. last week the previous owner came over to
spread ashes of his daughter... returning her to where she
grew up. it's a good circle, really.
lee