Old 16-10-2007, 08:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Hedge cutting on the cheap !

"Hugh Jampton" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:54:13 GMT, Chris J Dixon wrote:

A near neighbour of mine has apparently been the victim of a
scam. Some itinerants called, and told him that he had to let
them trim several large trees because the chap next door had
complained, which was completely untrue.

To say the result was butchery would be an understatement. They
didn't remove any material, and charged him £400 for the job.

Nasty - but in this day and age - normal I guess :-(

Not applicable in the case I've mentioned though. The new owners of the
bungalow are not very nice and certainly would not employ anyone to do
anything. They run a business from their house - bathroom fitting (council
estates) for the local council. They bring all the old baths etc. and burn
them in their garden. Young lad (employee) - loud music all day long -
bonfire - toxic smells all day long. Luckily I live some way away. Don't
know how closer neighbours manage.

Nice doctor lived there before - kept the lovely garden nice ..... please
come back :-)

And *yes* I have contacted our local council - they don't want to know :-(
--

Wrong council. Contact your county council and specifically the waste
management director. Don't phone, write. They have to log it in and action

Several offences are being committed here.The bathroom fittings etc are
controlled waste and subject to duty of care restrictions. They are
certainly not allowed to burn those baths. Specifically ask for an
inspection of the site. Health and Safety will also want to know, both about
the burning of controlled waste and the road hazard. Environmental health
will also be interested in the noise pollution, councils have an officer
dedicated to noise issues.

Steve