Old 16-10-2007, 05:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Hedge cutting on the cheap !

"Hugh Jampton" wrote ...
Bob Hobden wrote:

If you don't want to approach the owners then call the local Council Road
Sweeping Dept and tell them it's a dangerous situation for any
motorcyclist,
someone has dropped a load of leaves that are now wet and covering the
road,
in my experience they will be round in a matter of hours. (i.e.. very
quickly)

Thanks but I'm afraid calling my local council is a total waste of time
(I've done it on many occasions). They just aint interested in anything
:-(

I thought the same but when I phoned ours about gravel on the road they
cleared it up within two hours after I mentioned the danger to any
motorcyclist. They do not want to be sued.
Worth a call anyway, so if anyone you know does have an accident because of
the leaves they can sue the Council which may make them wake up in future.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden