Old 16-10-2007, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes[_2_] Alan Holmes[_2_] is offline

Default Hedge cutting on the cheap !

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
Hugh Jampton wrote:

I live on a very narrow lane on the edge of a village. The newish owner of
quite a large bungalow (with large garden) a bit further down the lane has
approx. 50 yards of awful 12ft high Leylandi hedge. He had it trimmed last
friday (long overdue). The trimmings - lots of it - have just been left
lying in the lane covering half of it. Still there today.

Never seen anything like this before. Or am I just getting old and having
moan about nothing ?

A near neighbour of mine has apparently been the victim of a
scam. Some itinerants called, and told him that he had to let
them trim several large trees because the chap next door had
complained, which was completely untrue.

If I get visits from people like that, I thank them and tell them I will
inform my gardener, or whoever!