Old 16-10-2007, 11:13 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Wagner[_2_] William Wagner[_2_] is offline

Default We are screwed

In article
,
"Dan L." wrote:

In article ,
"Dave" wrote:

"George.com" wrote in message
Not sure whether this is the correct group to state this, however. If the
human population keeps on as it presently, the planet is screwed.

rob

Yes. And, most of the major problems today are a result of that. The
symptoms get attention and may be treated, but never the actual cause.
Jang
has the right idea.
Dave

Hmmm.....

I would not worry too much about over population. It is sort of like the
predator / prey thing. Too many foxes results in fewer rabbits. Too many
humans / less food / fewer humans.

If that does not work, I am sure the Bio-Agriculture industry can modify
the foods so that sterility increases world wide. To help in the
population reduction. If they are not doing that now.

So take a note from Charles Darwin .. survival of the fittest
OR take a note from the Bible (King Solomon) Eat, Drink and be Merry

For tomorrow it may be all she wrote. It just sounds better than DEAD.

A bumper sticker I saw long ago "Save the planet - kill yourself".

The local cynic .... Dan

I think of the Italian aristocrats who about 1300 ad said the world
was terrible and decided to be barren. I can't find the cite for that
but they are now extinct.
Some folks worry too much. If heaven brings forth things work with it
if so inclined.
The nature of existence is what this is about. Sweet, Sour, Bitter and

Bill Your Choice.

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade