Old 16-10-2007, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Climber Advice Please

On 16/10/07 14:06, in article ,
" wrote:

Thanks for your replies.
I am not a keen gardener and am looking for the easiest option to
disguise (year-round) the ugly lines of my house.
I don't want to get into putting up support, I just want to plant well
and leave alone.
Maybe in ten years I'll pull it all off, repaint and start again, maybe
not.
Sacha, you'll know where I live, it's up North Street, past Westabrook,
so it's closer to the moor than you and it is a north wall.
I am prepare to go with ivy if necessary.
Jerry

There are some really lovely ivies but they can take a while to get going
and then they romp away. We have a large leaf one here on a wall and it
seemed to take forever to decide to climb but now it's looking lovely.
That's a big leaf one called Paddy's Pride but there are ivies to suit every
situation and IMO, they're very under-rated. If you see someone peering at
the outside of your house, you'll know who it is and why. ;-) Officially,
you're within the Park, aren't you?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk