Old 16-10-2007, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Hedge cutting on the cheap !

On 16/10/07 18:13, in article ,
"Hugh Jampton" wrote:

Thanks to all of you for your helpful suggestions :-)

Update :-

I walked along the lane today and to my surprise the bulk of the trimmings
have been removed. Not a very good job done - still messy but not a danger
anymore :-) It was there for 3 days - I'm still amazed that anyone would
leave a mess like that on a road for so long - I won't even do that
*inside* my garden.

As for our council - they really are bad. Bottom of the league table until
last year when they moved up a couple of places - still rated as poor
though. I think some of you must have good performing councils and perhaps
don't realise have bad the bad ones can be.

I've contacted my council's environment health dept. on several occasions
and never got anywhere. On one occasion I was so upset that they didn't
want to know I contacted the police - they also didn't want to know. I then
contacted my MP - she *did* want to know and got in touch with the council
and followed up my case for quite a long time. She also got nowhere with
them but did apologise to me and left me in no doubt that she felt the same
way as me about the council.

I think I'd better stop moaning :-)

No, don't. It's the only way to get results sometimes. I'm sorry you've
got such uninterested people on the council but remember - they're elected.
Stand against them yourself or at least raise public awareness.

Thanks again folks.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk