Old 17-10-2007, 07:27 PM posted to austin.gardening
Omelet[_2_] Omelet[_2_] is offline

Default Wet spot

In article ,
Wooly nobody@nunya wrote:

Omelet wrote:
In article ,
Wooly nobody@nunya wrote:

John Mayson wrote:
On Oct 17, 10:30 am, Wooly nobody@nunya wrote:

Leave it be. A "thirsty plant" now will be a dead one after the next
6-month dry spell.
What if I don't care about the thirsty plant? I can plant elephant
ears and I don't mind if they die (although my existing elephant ears
have survived droughts and cold).

Why can't you just let it dry up naturally?

Mosquito larvae.

Me? I'd dump a bunch of landscaping sand into it and mix well, then let
it dry.

Make a good garden bed later.

Pffft. It's easy enough to fill, as you've pointed out.

Yep. :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove both _ (underscores) to validate gmail e-mails.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein