Old 04-04-2003, 02:56 PM
Ophelia

Default Neighbours Help

"Victoria Clare" wrote in message
. 217...
"Ophelia" wrote in
:

I have been reading a bit on this here and have Sulphate of ammonia on
my shopping list. It is not possible to turn the heap over, If I
lift it off I am left with a tower.

I had one of those. What I did was have 2 compost spots. When bin is
full, you lift bin off compost spot 1 and put it on compost spot 2, then
fork the tower back into the bin, thus mixing things up a bit and ending

up
with what was the top on the bottom, so to speak.

Only works if you have space for 2 bins of course, but does work then.

Victoria

Thank you very much Victoria. I don't have space at the present but I guess
I could work on it. Does this mean that if I can't, I will end up with
smelly compost when I take it out?

Ophelia