Old 04-04-2003, 03:08 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Neighbours Help

"Ophelia" wrote in
:

Thank you very much Victoria. I don't have space at the present but I
guess I could work on it. Does this mean that if I can't, I will end
up with smelly compost when I take it out?

Well, I didn't! If bigboard is right about the smell being down to
anaerobic decomposition, it would help, though probably mixing in a bit
more twiggy stuff with your lawn mowings would work too.

Another thing I did when I couldn't be bothered to shift the bin was stab a
few deep holes in the heap from the top with a sharp stick: I'm not sure if
this worked, but my theory was that by creating a few 'shafts' from top to
bottom, the bottom got a bit more oxygen.

Hope this helps

Victoria