Old 18-10-2007, 06:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
[email protected] Usenet2007@THE-DOMAIN-IN.SIG is offline

Default New Zealand Seasonal Prospects?

Well, here in NZ, we are now up to Labour Weekend. But, really,
the weather just isn't looking reliable at all.

I am in an especially windy spot, hit hard by southerlies. A few
nights ago, the wind actually had a glass bowl (of cat food)
skidding a bit on the walkway next to my garden.

I am doing average summer stuff - courgettes/zucchini, cucumbers,
capsicum/bell-peppers, and tomatoes.

But there is no way I am going to put them outside this weekend.
I waited rather late last springtime, due to the harsh winds.
And had some serious damage anyway.

Are there any other NZ gardeners with specific plans or info on
the forecast? MetService's site is a bit hard to figure out, as
far as this medium term (next few weeks.) I am in Wellington.

Thanks...

--
Earn Money With Your Web Site
http://www.WebSponsorZone.Net