Old 18-10-2007, 01:04 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] r.mcgillicuddy@gmail.com is offline

Default Does anyone know the best way to compost?

On Oct 18, 8:57 am, Jon Boy
wrote:
Hi,
I'm looking at setting up a home composting unit to ecologically
dispose of grass clippings. I'm just looking for inspiration on the
best ways to compost.

http://www.compostinfo.com/tutorial/ProbMatrls.htm

Hope this link helps. I am not actively composting at present as
recently moved house. I used to put limited amounts of grass
clippings into my compost, but used other "brown" stuff as well as cow
or horse manure. If you have citrus trees I find this good to get rid
of grass clippings. Spread them around the base of the tree - leaving
an inch or two clear of the tree trunk, and keep clippings in the
"drip" area of the tree. Provides mulch as well as feed for the
citrus - haven't researched this, but find it works. Think it came
from an old gardening friend. Be sure to leave the trunk free of
clippings though.