Old 18-10-2007, 03:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default groundcovers

On 10/18/07 9:17 AM, in article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 10/17/07 10:05 PM, in article
, "
wrote:

I am a very non-gardener. But, I need a groundcover to cover an area
about 400sq ft. I live in eastern PA. the area is a somewhat sloped
and is partial shade. I want something inexpensive that grows,
spreads quickly. OK if it is invasive. I want it to choke out
weeds. prefer something that is not too high, say 6" or so. Also,
is it too late to plant it now (mid Oct)?

thanks

Euphorbia cyparissias Cypress Spurge - does well here in NH. Does reseed
some and doesn't seem mind sun or shade. Mine is one a hill.
Cheryl

Do deer mess with it, or don't you have those monsters in your neighborhood?

Don't touch it. In fact nothing seems to touch it. Want some?