Old 18-10-2007, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Plant ID help please

On 18/10/07 13:13, in article
, "stevej"
wrote:

Hi

This is a long shot as I can't post a photo right now. Also, I don't
know much about this as the owner ( who also dosn't know what it is )
gave a cutting to a friend of mine, who didn't wish to root it and
didn't ask any questions, it was in his pocket for two days before
giving it me me and it still seems to have routed, so it has my
interest now !!

Semi woody stems a bit similar to Fuschia material, probably evergreen
in mild temps, very small shrub ( so I am told ), dark green leaves
which are similar in shape to Rosemary leaves but much smaller
( approx 1cm long ), leaves all down and close to the stem. Flowers
are light purple and similar shape and size to the leaves.

Any thoughts ???

I don't think it's right but it might be worth Google imaging on Teucrium
fruticans. IME, it doesnąt make a small shrub though, but that could be
affected by location and conditions. Or of course, your disinterested
friend might have been looking at a youngster without realising it!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk