Old 18-10-2007, 07:22 PM posted to rec.gardens
Puddin' Man Puddin'  Man is offline

Default Moonflower bush (Datura)

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:12:19 -0400, "Buderschnookie" wrote:

"Puddin' Man" wrote in message
.. .

I finally got a moonflower bush (Datura)

Just curious why you call it a Moonflower?
I usually associate that term with Ipomoea alba.

It's common parlance hereabouts. And it fits the Datura
flowering behavior, at least in hot weather (flowers open
at nite, close in morn).

I also have a very nice Ipomoea vine doing quite well in the
back yard.

"Well, there's two trains runnin'.
Ain't neither one goin' my way.
One run at midnight,
the other run just before day."
- from "Still A Fool", Muddy Waters, maybe 1949