Old 18-10-2007, 03:54 PM posted to austin.gardening
Dave Dave is offline

Default Wet spot

"John Mayson" wrote in message
ups.com...
Early this summer I developed a wet spot in the side of my yard. I
blamed all of the rain and the fact that side of the house doesn't get
much sun. The rain stopped, but the wet spot got worse. Turns out my
sprinkler system was leaking.

I repaired the leak. Does anyone have tips to dry out the area? I
used a Shop-Vac to suck up quite a bit of water and some of mud. Now
I'm left with very damp soil. Am I better off leaving it alone and
letting it dry or planting a thirsty plant to help soak up the water?

Thanks,
John

Close the cutoff valve to the sprinkler system for a few weeks.
Dave