Old 18-10-2007, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Leaf drop on new holly

In article , ®óñ© © ²°¹°-°³
writes

It sulked for nearly 4 years, lost most of its leaves, and then
decided, bugger it, I'm going to live, and it did. Now it's really
thriving.

Well that's a relief. My 5 hollies are particularly nice variegated
specimens but still small, they will look really nice once bigger so I
think I might put 2 into very large pots and wait. They've been really
slow up till now
Won't bother with the ferox as I like the prickles at ground level to
stop next doors cat coming through a gap in my hedge
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph