Old 18-10-2007, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
CWatters[_2_] CWatters[_2_] is offline

Default bamboo/grass screen?

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message

I have never taken much notice of bamboos or tall grasses I'm afraid so
I wonder if anyone can help me decide which bamboos or grasses would
make an effective screen in pots at the end of my son's small garden?
Don't need anything too dense just enough to hide the brambles in the
garden behind.

I'd prefer to keep them in pots now that I've pea shingled the area.

I'd never put bamboo in my garden except in pots raised up so I could see
whats happening underneath! Sure it looks nice but it spreads like anything
and is a pain to control. We had some in our last garden and it spread 10
meters along a border down the back of other shrubs, under a concrete path
and up the other side.