Old 18-10-2007, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default bamboo/grass screen?

"Janet Tweedy" wrote
after Colin Watters
replied with

I'd never put bamboo in my garden except in pots raised up so I could see
whats happening underneath! Sure it looks nice but it spreads like
anything
and is a pain to control. We had some in our last garden and it spread 10
meters along a border down the back of other shrubs, under a concrete path
and up the other side.

Exactly! That's what I was afraid of Colin. The RHS seems to suggest some
are okay but there's so many differing views .

The so called clump forming bamboos are only clump forming to a degree, in a
good growing year they will run and how.
Plant in pots or surrounded by a good strong barrier.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden