Old 19-10-2007, 01:07 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
chatnoir chatnoir is offline

Default winters on its way .

On Oct 18, 3:17 pm, "Reel McKoi" wrote:
"margaret corrin" wrote in
o.uk...

im in the uk , its my first winter having goldfish, they seem to be now
spending more time on the bottom of the pond . can anyone in the uk
let me know possible how much longer before they stop comeing up for
food. thanks

I stop feeding then they no longer show interest in food. If they come up,
feed them, but as the water cools they'll have less and less interest in
food of any kind.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Well, the Game fish and the fat head minnows have essentially stopped
feeding; but the Goldfish still want to feed!