Old 19-10-2007, 05:10 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dave Dave is offline

Default Does anyone know the best way to compost?

Reply inline...
"Jon Boy" wrote in message

Hi,
I'm looking at setting up a home composting unit to ecologically
dispose of grass clippings. I'm just looking for inspiration on the
best ways to compost.

- Do you compost your grass clippings?

No, mother nature does that. I'm just an agent.

- How do you compost your grass clippings?

A lawnmower that shreds (mulches) the grass
..
- Does it make good compost?

The grass doesn't seem to mind it.

- How long does it take to compost?

Neverending story.

- Whats the quickest way to compost grass clippings?

Mother Nature, leave it alone.

- Is it ok to dig it straight into the vegetable patch without
composting?

Never mix grass with your garden.

- Is there another use within the graden for the grass clippings?

No, gradens don't like grass. They are partial to leprechaun toenails.

Dave