Old 19-10-2007, 03:31 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Lawn Fertiliser Advice

"Erskine" wrote in message

I have been looking for an autumn lawn fertiliser without moss killer
and they seem to be few and far between. I know that Scott's produce an
Autumn Lawn Builder which does not have a moss killer but I find it hard
to get a hold of. The same applies for the Spring feeds.

What I am wondering is how much damage a fertiliser with moss killer
can do to a lawn with a lot of moss. Some years ago I remember applying
a fertilser with moss killer which left the lawn very badly patched and
I had to dig it up and re-seed the whole lot.

Are more recent mixtures (such as Evergreen) still as lethal?

Where have you tried to find a plain fertilizer? What types of stores, in
other words? And, where do you live? Someone in this newsgroup may know of a
source in your area.