Old 19-10-2007, 06:33 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
MLF MLF is offline

Default Concrete?

Jan:

That sounds like good advice. Certainly the alkaline in the concrete would
be neutralized by the acid if used repeatedly and is allowed to sink into
the concrete.

Michael
New Orleans, Louisiana USA

"~ jan" wrote in message
Local ponder here did his pond in concrete, similar to Jim, I think it was
4" thick. I remember them using muratic acid soaks, 1 gallon/1000 gallon
water. Seems you want to keep it acidic for at least a week, by adding
more
acid as needed, drain, rinse, fill, wait, and test pH. If 7.5 or less
after
a week or so, I'd think you'd be good to go. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds:
www.jjspond.us