Old 20-10-2007, 05:14 AM posted to austin.food,austin.gardening
Dave Dave is offline

Default Is it really possible to "eat local" in Austin?

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
or in Central Texas for that matter, given the climate and soil
conditions...

That's a silly question. Of course it is! People have been doing it for
hundreds of years.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Email me he

Granted I'm a gringo (cracker for others), but the so-called Mexican food I
eat can be made all from cen-tex ingredients if corn (native to America) is
in season or not sold for fuel making consumption. Masa flour is good for a
couple months on the shelf.

Incidentally, my skin color by birth is naturally brown. Recessive native
American gene in my family. Youngest brother is same way. I speak and
understand both Castilian Spanish from school, and most Tex-Mex by previous
locations in Texas.

Despite the OP's post, there are no ranches in Wimberley proper. There are
in the vicinity. So are some vineyards.

Dave
Wimberley - Home of Houston retirees and other such control freaks. My
observations of these folks, change=fear.