Old 20-10-2007, 02:32 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Lawn Fertiliser Advice

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from Erskine contains these words:

JoeSpareBedroom;755127 Wrote:
"Erskine" wrote in message

Where have you tried to find a plain fertilizer? What types of stores,
in
other words? And, where do you live? Someone in this newsgroup may know
of a
source in your area.

I live in the Paisley, Renfrewshire area and have tried a variety of
local garden centres. I have also tried the larger stores such as B&Q
and Focus but all they seem to stock is Evergreen Autumn Feed with
Mosskiller.

Well, you may not realise that you're talking to a worldwide audience,
some of whom are pretty hazy about the location of Britain, let alone
Paisley :-).

Plain lawn fertiliser without mosskiller is certainly available at
better suppliers .I suggest you try either, the big B&Q at Clydebank,
Dobbies Garden Centre over at Milngavie, or Rouken Glen GC ( on the edge
of the south-side park nr Eastwood.).

Janet.

I'm wondering if perhaps Erskine phoned garden centers instead of visiting,
and was the victim of drooling teenage clerk syndrome. A clueless kid
answers the phone and says whatever will end the phonecall quickly so he/she
can get back to doing nothing.