Old 20-10-2007, 02:14 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_2_] Omelet[_2_] is offline

Default Cultivating mushrooms (was Hemp )

In article ,
doofy wrote:

Doofy dear, if you are seriously interested in culinary 'shrooms, try
this website. These are really good people, dedicated to the education
of the true, amazing value of mushrooms. Their prices are very good and
I plan to try a LOT of them, as soon as I can dedicate the space to some
indoor growing space. It's too bloody hot here to try outdoor growing
for the more interesting species:

I'm interested in the food variety, and their viability as a cash crop,
and the possibly that they might get cross pollinated with a deadly
variety. I know "cross pollinated" is a misnomer. Just don't want to
get some fungal volunteers growing on the same medium.

I'll check out the site.

Just follow the instructions. :-)
Protect your media...

If you want to play with cash cropping, I HIGHLY recommend Stammet's
book "Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms". It's very complete and
has some instructions and hints for large scale growing. Fascinating
read and even touches on some successful experimentation with some of
the wood eaters for cancer and anti-viral treatments.

http://tinyurl.com/2ra244

It is a large, well illustrated hardbound. Well worth that price.
I may need to get a new copy. The one I have is the second edition.
--
Peace, Om

Remove both _ (underscores) to validate gmail e-mails.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein