Old 21-10-2007, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Space[_2_] Space[_2_] is offline

Default Another question about planting ivy

I have finally had enough of looking out of our patio doors into next doors
conservatory. So I have decided to screen it from my view.

our garden is north facing and any plants to provide a screen would be in
the shade.

I need all year cover. I tried bamboo but it will take forever to grow to
the desired height.

so I am now considering a 6ft x 4ft trellis and covering it with ivy. which
ivy will not take over my entire garden?!!