Old 21-10-2007, 09:44 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default winters on its way .

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 07:56:25 CST, "42" wrote:

When the temp of the water drops below 55°F, I don't feed them at all. Next
spring they're all just fine, and I start feeding again when the water rises
above 55°. That's about 13 Euro degrees for those of you living where water
freezes at 0°. Anyone know how many dog degrees that would be?
42

I stop at 50, or when the screens go on, which make it difficult to feed.
Mid-October thru March sometime w/o food, and they do fine on the stuff
that grows on the sides. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us