Old 04-04-2003, 05:44 PM
Paul Kelly

Default Ground elder & plants to grow with it

"Annabel" wrote in message
I have a garden that has lots of ground elder not all of which I can
remove at the moment. What can I plant among it (11/2 to 2 1/2 feet)
that can grow with it.

IME nothing! The damned ground elder will swamp everything apart from real
thugs such as Japanese anemone!

Don't even think of digging out the ground elder unless you have the
patience of a saint and a back of iron!

Glyphosate today.
Weedol on the same next Friday
Glyphosate on any green regrowth two weeks today.

Repeat!

Tedious, but not very time consuming and it works! You are constantly
promoting strong new growth of the type that will most readily take back the
glyphosate to the roots and just at the right time of the year too!

pk

ps btw the only thing I can think of that grows to 11/2 feet and can compete
with Ground elder is Japanese knotweed (;-) Sorry, couldn't resist!