Old 21-10-2007, 10:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default TPO Problem ??

On 21/10/07 22:23, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 21:13:17 GMT, postandrail wrote:

I've come to cut a tree down in my garden. I contacted the Council to
check if there is a TPO on it. They looked at the maps and said over
the phone no.

So I am now arranging it. But 1 week later I have had a letter saying
that they have slapped a TPO on the tree.

Is this right and proper, and what can I do about it.

The letter says I have 14 days to appeal, and a judgment will be made
in 6 months time ??

The tree is a Titan Cedar that is only half grown, that is very close
to a main road, and there are overhead power cables only about 6ft
away.

The owners of the overhead power cables have the right to cut down the tree.
Get them to do it free :-)

What is a Titan cedar?
--
Sacha