Old 04-04-2003, 05:56 PM
Beecrofter

Default Wood for raised beds / pressure treated ok?

ojunk (Brs36) wrote in message ...
Hi,

I have some 6X6X10 lumber I was thinking of using to make raised beds for a
raised vegetable bed. Can I use this wood even if it is pressure treated? I
like the look of this lumber and the height that I get from two stacked.
Thanks
Brennan
Remove the Nojunk from the email address to reply to the email address.

Why not, there is a good chance you will never get bladder cancer from
the increased intake in arsenic and chromium that will leach from the
wood to the soil.

Look around on the Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station's web
pages they had a fair article on PT wood.