Old 22-10-2007, 04:04 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default adding soil around trees?

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Bob F" wrote:
"Mel M Kelly" wrote in message
YES if you put it up against the bark it will kill most trees. What
kind of tree and how old.

Can you provide any good documentation of that? I have a neighbor who
added up to 2 feet of soil around the trunk of two poplar trees on my
side of his yard. I tried to explain it would kill the trees, and he said
"my sources say it is no problem". I'd sure like to get better data.

Bob

I'd rather cut down those poplar's, sometimes they will make a divit when
they fall on their own.

They almost completely block my south sun. I'd love it if he removed them, and
have told him so (politely)

Bob