Old 22-10-2007, 04:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Scott Hildenbrand Scott Hildenbrand is offline

Default yEnc

Bill R wrote:
wrote:
It is not an odd format. If you use a news reader program, you will find
there are many benefits. The yEnc is actually a compression program
offering
less upload and download time. A news reader will allow you to decode it
automatically. A good one is News Rover. Do a Google search on News Rover
and you will learn a lot. It is cheap software and very good.

Art

Why should we switch to some news reader that might have some security
holes (I'm not saying News Rover does)? MOST of us want to use the
SECURE software we NOW have.

If people want to use yEnc that is there choice but a lot of us are not
going to bother to decode and look at their pictures.

I vote Thunderbird for email + news... Tis the stuff.. Handles the old
school yEnc encoding just fine.

And get off IE... Go get FireFox!