Old 22-10-2007, 03:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Bob Walsh Bob Walsh is offline

Default Closeup nasties

Wendy,

So maybe not root mealy bugs. You're probably lucky.
Your last two posts showed up 2 1/2 hours after after the first post.

Bob

"Wendy7" wrote in message
news
I thought this was a bad case of mealies but upon unpotting, the
odor was a very strong mushroom mouldy type smell.

I call this stuff Flak but someone told me it is California snow mould?

I washed the plant removing all the bark mix from the roots, sprayed with
solution of water &
Physan, trimmed the dead roots repotted.

Just thought you may like to see some of the nasty stuff.
Cheers Wendy