Old 22-10-2007, 10:32 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_2_] Omelet[_2_] is offline

Default Harvesting Beet Greens

In article ,
doofy wrote:

doofy wrote:
In reference to an earlier question of mine, and someone else's interest
in the answer (Omelet I believe), I found this page regarding harvesting
beet greens (and beets):

http://www.yardener.com/HarvestingandStoringBeets.html

Oh, and this one:

http://www.ehow.com/how_8276_harvest-store-beets.html

says you can pick 1/3 of the greens at a time.

I'm wondering how long the beet bulb will live if I just leave it in the
ground and use it as a fresh greens source. :-) The only green I like
better than beet is chard and mom managed to get those to last 3 years
or more.
--
Peace, Om

Remove both _ (underscores) to validate gmail e-mails.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein