Old 22-10-2007, 11:53 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_2_] Omelet[_2_] is offline

Default Harvesting Beet Greens

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news

I'm wondering how long the beet bulb will live if I just leave it in the
ground and use it as a fresh greens source. :-) The only green I like
better than beet is chard and mom managed to get those to last 3 years
or more.

Not surprising since they are cultivars of the same species.

David

Really?

But I've not managed to get beet planted from seed to go more than 2
years. The second year, they bolted and produced a ton of seed and very
little green.

We've not experienced that with chard.
--
Peace, Om

Remove both _ (underscores) to validate gmail e-mails.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein