Old 20-02-2003, 11:39 PM
jammer

Default I am SOOOO ready for SPRING!

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 22:48:11 GMT, animaux
wrote:

You must be SOOOOO ready for spring!

BTW, the comets in my tank are, well, the tank is not cycling properly and I'm
worried. No ammonia, but nitrites persist at about 0.25. We are going to clean
out the ponds this weekend and we were told if we put them in a bucket and float
it till they slowly get used to the temp, they will be okay. How true is that?
I haven't taken a water temp out there, but I would imagine it is approximately
50 degrees in the water. The anacharis, string algae, equisetum, parrot
feather, mini-cat-tails, are all starting to grow...if that indicates anything.

I am so sorry I took the fish in and won't do THAT again.

Why do you say you won't do THAT again? I was going to ask if they
died, but then you mentioned the heater. I honestly don't remember
what some of the things in my pond are and what died. I am going to
guess the parrot's feather, creeping jenny, and yellow primrose are
all growing. Some are pushing against my leaf guard/screens. I think
the falling leaves are done in that part of the yard, so could
probably unscreen it now that i think about it. Would love to mame
neighbor's mimosa tree that is also in that corner. I hope she doesn't
pitch a fit when i ask to cut certain branches.

Should I buy a heater for the pond this year so I can get them out asap?

Victoria

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 22:23:09 GMT, wrote:

Today it reached 50 and I sat outside on the steps for the first time this year and
in the a.m. went looking for anything poking thru the leaves. nothing. by this
afternoon I could see snow drops pushing up and the sheath recurving and the white
bud showing. like they are jumping out of the ground in their haste. wowoow.
spring is coming!!! Ingrid

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.