Old 22-10-2007, 08:10 PM posted to rec.gardens
Scott Hildenbrand Scott Hildenbrand is offline

Default What is Your Favorite Online Nursery?

wrote:
Oh Charlie..... starks is horrible. they graft stuff onto incompatible rootstocks
(well they did 20 years ago or so). I rate them with Gurneys.
Ingrid

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 21:15:25 -0500, Charlie wrote:
I've been pleased with trees from Stark Brothers.

http://www.starkbros.com/

Garden centers often carry Stark Bros. stcok as well.

Here is a review,
http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/189/

Charlie

20 years is a long time for them to realize mistakes and correct them..

Glad you said something about Gurneys.. Was looking through their stock
just yesterday. Take it they're not great?